Monday, October 20, 2014

A Big Announcement

So, it's been a few months. Okay, many months. I blame it on life. Life is busy and there's never enough of that oh-so-elusive thing we call "time." But, I guess it's been long enough. Either that, or I just have some really big news I want to tell the world about. Probably the latter. Okay not probably, actually.

Everyone, I have a big announcement. Actually, it's kind of a HUGE announcement (for us, anyway).

And no, I'm NOT pregnant. (Because you and I both know you were wondering a little.)

The news is, that the Duplains (of the Devon and Raechel variety) are moving!

And I know what you're thinking...But, I thought they just moved like 2 months ago? And yes, it's true we did. And we really LOVE our home (and I really LOVE my 3 minute commute). But we're moving again. And the big news part is that it won't be somewhere in Utah.

Guys, we Duplains are moving to...

Miami!

As in, Florida. Very very southern Florida. As in, Will Smith, "Welcome to Miami. Beinvenido a Miami." As in, ACROSS THE COUNTRY to Florida.

As in, Miami Shores, where there is beach like, RIGHT THERE.

As in, holy crap, that's going to be a REALLY long drive and how will you get all of your stuff over there? Well, if you have any ideas, I'd be happy to hear them!

If you're wondering why on earth we are moving to Miami, the answer is because of Devon. Devon did something really hard and really wonderful and got accepted to the PA (Physician Assistant) Program at Barry University in Miami.



We've spent the whole of our marriage and lots of dollars pursuing this dream of his and now it's finally going to happen! The move will take place August 2015 and we are so excited! And I am so proud of my hard-working husband!

DISCLAIMER
There is a slight possibility that, in my excitement, I've jumped the gun and told everyone way too soon. And there's also the slight possibility that, since we still haven't heard back from four schools (who won't be responding to applicants until after November 1), we may receive more invitations to interview and more acceptances. But, since we're about to pay $1000 to secure his spot at Barry, (and the other options aren't in geographical locations quite as awesome) I figured this was a safe bet. Also, we feel great about Barry. Should there be any change that comes up, you all will be the first to know!

And thus ends our big announcement.

2 comments:

  1. That's so fun! 2 year program, right? That will be so so fun. Oh perfect. I would LOVE to visit you;) Ps I don't have your cell! Mine is 4806960098, text me!
    Becca bradshaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats you guys! That is so awesome, and well deserved.

    ReplyDelete