Tuesday, August 20, 2013

The Wedding Dress

So, I was going to wait until after the wedding to post these photos, but I'm just so excited I can't hold it back any longer!

I'm having my wedding dress custom made by a local fashion designer who specializes in modest wedding dresses. I had a vision for the dress I've always wanted in my head and there was no store that really even came close to having a dress like this. Jessica (the designer) took my concept/design ideas, helped me refine them, and then made my dress dream come true. She asked me if I would be willing to do a photo shoot with her when the dress was ready so she could have pictures to put up on her company blog. I was happy to oblige, so on Saturday we met at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building in downtown Salt Lake City to take some pictures to showcase the dress. We're both so excited about how they turned out!

When I put the dress on, however, it turned out that I had apparently lost some weight in the 3 weeks since my last fitting, so the dress is a little too big around the waist in the pictures. She had to take the dress back to take it in a little. I was MORE than okay with that!

Devon isn't supposed to see the dress on me until the day of the wedding, so I'm taking a little bit of a risk putting the pictures up, but he pinky swore to me he wouldn't peek and I think he's trustworthy, so just don't show him or anything okay? (Not that you would, I'm just sayin'.)

Okay, here they are! I hope you love it as much as I do! All the beautiful dress cred and photo cred goes to Jessica Law of Jessica May Bridal. I highly recommend her if you're looking for an affordable (kind of) modest wedding dress that doesn't look like a box or a prom dress.

This photo was actually an accident, but it turned out to be one of our favorites!




The neckline is made from necklaces I found at Target, of all places. We took them apart and arranged them just how we wanted them. 

The pockets are my favorite.









I cannot wait for Devon to see this. 11 more days!

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

5 comments:

  1. So gorgeous and classic. You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay for wedding dresses! you look amazing, raechel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Raechel, you look so beautiful! Your dress is lovely. You have great taste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are stunning! I love the dress too!

    ReplyDelete